The Dragonfly Initiative is committed to working with the Electronics Industry to build a responsible, efficient and impactful supply chain from mine to market. We have developed tools and services tailored to the needs of businesses today.
Standards Comparison, Risk Assessment, and Risk Readiness
The Dragonfly Initiative (TDI) has developed with and for its clients an analytical instrument to compare sustainability standards, certification systems and indicator frameworks in the mining, minerals, metals and manufacturing industries – the Standards Comparison Tool. The Standards Comparison analyzes over 50 standards commonly used in the materials value chain and is regularly updated to reflect changes in standards requirements. The purpose of the Standards Comparison is to:
- Allow supply chain managers to compare relatively and against normative benchmarks the sustainability practices, standards and 3rd party assurance schemes used by businesses in the supply chain
- Identify which materials and geographies are applicable to the various standards
- Facilitate the better understanding of sustainability practices between businesses at different points in the supply chain and encourage dialogue to achieve greater sustainability impacts
- Encourage harmonization of standards between voluntary initiatives
The Standards Comparison has been further developed into a Risk Readiness Assessment (RRA) that is being piloted with hundreds of entities in the mining and minerals processing supply chain. The RRA enables:
- Supply chain managers to engage their 1st, 2nd and 3rd tier suppliers up to and including mining projects and raise awareness of and encourage the adoption of compliance requirements, and of better and best practices
- Minerals and metals producers and manufacturers to communicate their risk management practices and performance to their downstream customers against a normative benchmark based on existing best-in-class standards
- The identification and reporting of the leading, best-in-class practices among businesses in the mining, minerals and metals supply chain, thereby inspiring a ‘race to the top’ for sustainable business performance
The Standards Comparison Tool and the RRA are designed to cover all materials and mined commodities and to apply to different businesses along the supply chain. Rather than focus on compliance only, the goal is to recognize good practices where they exist, and to encourage, inspire and lead others to adopt them. The Comparison is intended to appeal to a broad audience, including downstream users, producers and voluntary initiatives’ stakeholders.
A number of companies in the electronics supply chain are currently using these tools to further strengthen their due diligence and supplier engagement at every level of their supply chains.
We are currently in discussion with industry associations and businesses at different points in the supply chain to collaborate in the piloting, improving and implementation of the tools and overarching framework.
Please contact Assheton Carter (email@example.com) and Julija Menise
(firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.
Support Services to Responsible Sourcing Manager in the Electronics Industry
- Product, project, partner and counter-party due diligence
- Competent Persons reporting
- Risk Readiness Assessments
- Capacity development and training
- Project performance assessments.