The Dragonfly Initiative combines business consultancy expertise, technical skills, experience of the design and management of social and environmental programmes, as well as communications and crisis management knowledge to deliver a comprehensive set of services to its clients.
Our commitment is to enable our clients to build sustainable and profitable enterprises, supporting them for however long that takes and with whatever challenges they face.
Our track record spans 20 years in the resources, luxury brands, retailing and investment industries. We have many years of experience of the international development and environmental conservation sector.
Sustainability can define a business’s strategy or be one integral part of a multi-faceted business model. Our team’s qualifications and commercial experience combine business development, management, and strategy development, as well as an in-depth knowledge of sustainability issues in the resource and raw materials value chain. We bring this sensibility to work with our clients to build an approach that is a fit for their organization. We support our clients to:
- Convene C-suite summits and workshops to identify and align corporate interests around sustainability principles and opportunities;
- Articulate corporate policy, goals and targets;
- Develop commercialization and marketing plans to capture value of green products and services;
- Install or adapt management systems to integrate sustainability issues;
- Generate sustainability reporting and protocols;
- Mentor leaders and socialize, educate and train staff in strategy implementation.
We are passionate about building successful social enterprises, whether they are NGOs, for-profit firms or multi-sector initiatives and projects. We bring the full suite of our strategy and management consulting skills, technical and subject matter expertise, as well as marketing and fundraising experience to assist our clients reach their goals and aspirations to deliver:
- Project and social enterprise concepts and business case;
- Business economic modelling;
- Marketing and business development strategies;
- Project management and oversight;
- Stakeholder and multi-party initiative convening and facilitation.
Building partnerships between businesses at different ends of the supply chain and between commercial enterprises and NGOs is critical to success; there is more precedent for failure than success, however. We specialize in finding and cementing alliances between uncommon collaborators the length and breadth of the resources, materials and natural resource supply chain. Our service is comprehensive and includes:
- Scouting and identifying partners to support our clients social responsibility initiatives;
- Due diligence assessments and reports;
- Introductions and facilitation to ensure each partner clearly understands each other and put their best foot forward;
- Brokering terms between our clients and their prospective partners;
- Continuing relationship management between partners.
The non-technical risks associated with a project, investment, prospective supplier or off-take partner can be hidden or difficult to discern, as can keeping track of success indicators and overall performance of a remote ‘non-core’ CSR programme in a remote country; an experienced third party can often reveal and help avoid harm to reputation and long term valuation creation. We have completed over 200 assessments on projects large and small, while successfully helping our clients to manage risks to their business plans and asset value. We work with clients on:
- Public issue mapping and analysis;
- Product, partner and counter-party due diligence;
- Project performance assessments.
Navigating the maize of different voluntary and mandatory standards, certifications and practices required or expected by a business’s stakeholders can require considerable resources and time that often managers would like to allocate to other priorities. We are experts in many certifications and standards and help our clients understand, which are the most important and relevant, and which are a ‘nice-to-have’ and can be postponed. We provide a full preparatory service that includes:
Gap analyses of our client’s performance against specified standards;
- Training of staff in the principles, background and requirements of a chosen standard;
- Preparation of staff through trial interviews and mock audits;
- Choosing and negotiation with auditors before, during and after audit;
- Follow-up on corrective actions and systems improvements;
- Subject Matter Experts for auditors and assessors.